The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 require any persons who work with asbestos containing materials to obtain refresher training at least every year including persons taking asbestos samples. This course is aimed at the asbestos surveyor who has previously achieved the P402 or equivalent. The course includes carrying out a training needs analysis, updates and changes and an end of course exam. On completion delegates will received the Asbestos Surveyor Refresher Certificate. Places limited.
Please note: This course is delivered by UKATA Category C Member, ATL Safety
May include some of the following, however this will be determined by the use of a training needs analysis.
- Asbestos Types and Properties
- Overview of the health effects and the current problem
- Types, risks and locations of ACMs in buildings
- Legislative requirements on building owners and employers
- The domestic premises
- Appointing the Surveyor
- The survey report
- Material assessments (HSG 264)
- Priority assessments (HSG 227)
- Management control options and recommendations
Course timings as follows:
The course duration is 1 day, with the following course duration times:
09.00am - 4.00pm; dependent on the knowledge of the delegates, this would include an end of course examination.