Suitable for Persons who require an overview of the Responsibilities for Managing Asbestos and thus assisting the Duty Holder and Appointed Persons. Also for those where their work requires them to have a basic understanding of asbestos management.
- Be familiar with types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings and, where appropriate, items of plant
- Be familiar with the requirements as set out in CAR 2012 and HSG 264 with regard to responsibilities
- An overview of the requirements for asbestos surveys including interpreting results and understanding the risk assessment process
- A basic understanding of the asbestos management plan
- An overview of the Asbestos Removal process including remedial work options and best practices
- To have knowledge and understanding to better assist Duty Holders and appointed persons