The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, since November 2006, include the duty that employers shall provide appropriate training for all workers who are likely to be exposed to asbestos and to those who supervise or oversee works that might expose employees to asbestos. This includes the self employed who must ensure they have up to date training.
Topics covered include
- The history of asbestos
- Asbestos types properties and risks
- The health effects of exposure
- The types uses and risks of ACMs in buildings
- Common products and locations
- Emergency procedures
- Legislation, CAR 2012, ACOPS, HSG
- Questions and Answers where tutor is present
This course is aimed at:
- Maintenance & Construction trades
- Gas Fitters
- Painters & Decorators
- Demolition Workers
- Scaffolders and all allied trades
- Window Fitters
- 24/7 E-Learning Access
- UK's only UKATA Approved Refresher
- UKATA Certification in as little as 1 hour
- Train on any computer, laptop or tablet
- Pause / resume training as required
- Group discounts available
- Dedicated UKATA approved training centre
- Initial and Refresher training
- Parking & refreshments included
- Centre hire option available
- Train at your premises or a venue you book; or even hire our dedicated training centre
- Train at times to suit you including options for Saturdays
- Opportunity to make course tailored
- Up to 15 delegates per session.
- Nationwide coverage
Advertised price covers travel up to 15 miles radius from the Training Centre
The list above is intended to highlight the most common trades that could come into contact with asbestos during the course of their works. Employers are responsible for identifying training requirements of their staff including any trainees and apprentices. The self employed are responsible for ensuring that their training is suitable and sufficient for the work they carry out.
After completion of this course you will have an understanding of locations and types of asbestos and understand the risks associated with the exposure of asbestos materials in the workplace or at home. You will not be permitted to work with any known or suspected asbestos.
This training course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of asbestos only. It will not provide information on how to carry out any work with asbestos. This is a UKATA approved Asbestos Awareness course and is aimed at workers who are likely to be exposed to asbestos but not intentionally work with asbestos.