The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 require any persons who work with asbestos containing materials require refresher training at least every year, this course is for previously trained delegates who hold the unlicensed works with ACMs training certificate.
Persons requiring this type of training would include those whose work will knowingly disturb ACMs, such as:
- Maintenance & Demolition Workers
all who have previously been trained and gained UKATA certification, evidence of this will be required at the time of booking.
UKATA Certification and Photo ID Cards will be supplied on Completion.
Topics covered include: (Previous UKATA Non-Licensable Training in the last 12 months required)
- Asbestos Awareness
- Emergency procedures (EM1)
- Use of a Class H Vacuum (EM4)
- Control measures used on site for dust suppression (EM5)
- Use and selection of the correct PPE and RPE (EM6)
- Cleaning down the work area (EM7)
- Decontamination (EM8)
- Correct waste handling on site (EM9)
- Practical Training, Use of PPE, Control Measures, Decontamination etc
Course timings are as follows:
The course duration is ½ day, with the following course duration times:
09.00am - 12.00pm / 1.00pm - 4.00pm This course is offered as an in-house option.
Please note you MUST have undertaken UKATA approved Non-Licensable Works with ACMs training in the previous 12 months.