The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 include the requirement for training employees who work or disturb asbestos, referred to as non-licensable asbestos work or minor works. Persons requiring this type of training would include those whose work will knowingly disturb ACMs, such as plumbers, carpenters, electricians, maintenance and demolition workers; UKATA Certification and Photo ID Cards on Completion.
^If you have not attended a UKATA Asbestos Awareness course in the past six months, you have the option of attending one of our in-centre courses or completing our approved online asbestos awareness training course. (You will be eligible to complete our online training FREE of charge)
Topics Covered Include: (Based on One Day, Previous Asbestos Awareness Training)
- Asbestos Awareness (Previously obtained within the past 6 months)
- Emergency procedures (EM1)
- Use of a Class H Vacuum (EM4)
- Control measures used on site for dust suppression (EM5)
- Use and selection of the correct PPE and RPE (EM6)
- Cleaning down the work area (EM7)
- Decontamination (EM8)
- Correct waste handling on site (EM9)
- Practical Training, Use of PPE, Control Measures, Decontamination etc.
In-Centre exclusive course booking form
What are the Benefits of Centre Exclusive training?
- We provide the bespoke training venue, along with free parking, refreshments and a light lunch on full day courses
- Centre hire is complimentary so you don’t have to book or pay for hotel or conference rooms
- You can decide when you want to hold the training and book the centre exclusively for your staff
- Our one off fixed price covers the maximum number of delegates for the course, reducing the cost per delegate
Booking Procedure (4 steps)
- Check the course details including the preferred date and start time you want.
- Provide contact information so we can get back to you regarding the enquiry.
- Review and sign our Terms and Conditions.
- We will check our tutor availability and come back to you with a quote and provisional booking for the training.